Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Welcome to 2006....

Well, 2006 has started well for me. What am I talking about? Only the fact that I feel happier than I have for a long time – simply because I was with people that I care about (with the exception of one person – and you know who you are!)

I went out in Birmingham with the usual crowd, and as usual, we went out to dinner, and then hit the town... There was the usual mixture of drunken idiots, but on the whole, it was one hell of a night out – including the fact that Julian and I decided that the group should go and sing YMCA by the Village People – complete with the actions!

Ok – we looked a complete bunch of idiots, but I was of the opinion that if I couldn’t make a twit of myself with friends, when could I? But, that was only the start of our singing… We ended up singing all sorts of things, from Bon Jovi – It’s my Life, to Simply Red – Holding Back the Years.

But there was one thing that did make me have tears in my eyes – it was Metallica – Nothing Else Matters - simply because that was the song that my ex used to dedicate to me when I was going away.

Thankfully Julian was a real love, and made sure that the others didn’t see how much the song had affected me, and then decided to drag me up to sing with him… That was ok, until I realised what the song was – it was Livin’ La Vida Loca!

The rest of the evening / night passed in a blur of singing, laughing and dancing – and finished with us all ending up in our favourite Balti restaurant at 04:00 this morning!

Needless to say, as I type this, I’m knackered, and running on pure adrenaline – which isn’t too good for me, as I’ve got to drive home later today, as Mum and I are going to have another go at getting to Milton Keynes tomorrow for a trip to the shops, as the pair of us want to have a look and see what’s in the sales this year..

Guess I should call this entry quits – Julian wants to check his e-mail, and I need to get some sleep!

Back later, if I’m with it enough!

Karen

Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: