Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

I've become so numb...

I guess that it's just a legacy of my insomnia. My eyes are the sort of thing that you would see on the "before" advert for eye drops - the ones that are supposed to make bloodshot eyes sparkle.

I'm tired of being what you want me to be....

Today has been one of those days that would, under normal circumstances, make me curse anyway, but add into the mixture that I'm knackered, and that's the killer blow to me.

I was snowed under with my OTR work, and then on top of that, I had to deal with multiple scarcastic idiots, who thought that as they were dealing with a female, that they could have some fun at my expense.

Not really a wise move, especially as it turned out that the idiot concerned didn't know what the hell he was talking about... I mean, he asked for some tyres for an earthmover. Ok - not a problem with the size - it's one that I'm comfortable talking about (18.00 R33), but when I asked what the machine was, he said it was a.... wait for it...........
Ferrari


Now that struck me as someone who was either trying to set me up or he didn't know what the ***k he was talking about. He didn't like it when I pointed out that Ferrari had never made any earthmoving machines (earth shaking - yes) and that Enzo Ferrari would be spinning in his grave at that thought!

So, that got rid of one idiot, then I had to deal with idiots in the same company, and to be honest, I was getting to the stage where I was going to end up wringing someone's neck, or offering to make them a seven knot neck tie - and then show them how to wear it!

I guess that's just because I am so tired, and as a result, I'm getting incredibly intolerant, but until I get to the stage where I crash out asleep, there's very little I can do...

Feeling so faithless, lost under the surface
Don't know what you're expecting of me
Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes
(Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow)
Every step that I take is another mistake to you
(Caught in the undertow, just caught in the undertow)
And every second I waste is more than I can take

I've become so numb, I can't feel you there
I've become so tired, so much more aware
I'm becoming this all, I want to do
Is be more like me and be less like you



Time to call this quits - my eyes are burning again, and I need to get some sleep tonight - if I can.

Back tomorrow if I'm with it enough, or more to the point, if I haven't flipped my lid at some moron on the 'phone!

Karen
Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: