Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Eyes that burn...

One of the worst things about not being able to sleep at night, is the mere fact that my eyes get to the stage where they start to burn, meaning that I can't wear my contact lenses. Ok - I know that doesn't sound a big deal, but for someone like me, who rarely wears her glasses at work, it is.

You've got both ends burning
Like a moth to a flame
You're going off the rails
Like a runaway train
It's a no-win situation
And there's no way out
And no one will ever hear you - scream and shout

 I admit that I do suffer from insomnia, but I'm rapidly getting to the stage where the physical (not to mention the mental) exhaustion is reaching crisis point, and I'm going to end up going off the rails at someone who really doesn't deserve it.

I guess at the moment, the reason for me being an insomniac is that I can't get my mind to switch off - I'm still analysing what's been said - both from a work perspective, and a personal viewpoint..

Such a lonely road you ride
It's not easy when you don't know why
Such a heavy load you hide
You never leave no matter how you try

 So, the more tired I get, the worse things seem to get to me, to the stage where I'm almost frightened to open my mouth, in case I say something that really offends someone!

I don't want to be the one the battles always choose
'Cause inside I realize that I'm the one confused

I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
I don't know why I instigate
And say what I don't mean
I don't know how I got this way
I know it's not alright
So I'm breaking the habit
I'm breaking the habit
Tonight...

I'll paint it on the walls
'Cause I'm the one at fault
I'll never fight again
And this is how it ends

 Add into this mess, the mere fact that I'm being interrogated about my not wanting to go to the conference this year, and it all adds up to stress, which I think is causing me to suffer from insomnia....

I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
But now I have some clarity
To show you what I mean
I don't know how I got this way
I'll never be alright
So I'm breaking the habit
I'm breaking the habit
I'm breaking the habit
Tonight...

 Guess I should call this entry quits - I'm knackered, and Julian wants to use his computer...

Back tomorrow if I get the chance.


Karen


Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: