Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Another day, another dollar (or should that be another day, another £?)

Ever had the feeling that you really don't want to be somewhere? Well I've got that feeling today, as my shoulder is agony and I got very little sleep last night.

Add into that, I'm worried about my daft friend (who is far from happy in his job - but I'm not going to say any more than that), and you have the perfect remedy for insomnia. So, at 02:30, I was watching BBC News 24, and following the news about the Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon, who was undergoing brain surgery to stop a haemorrhage. (See http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/-/1/hi/world/middle_east/4583160.stm )

So, as I sit at my desk, I'm in pain, bored and frustrated, as there is not a damned thing that I can do until I see the sawbones, which won't be until 26/01/05, and even then, I might not get sorted out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the NHS at all - what really irritates me is the way that the waiting lists are manipulated in favour of new patients, meaning that people like me have to wait nearly three months to get the follow up appointment, so that I can see the sawbones, and find out what the verdict is on my shoulder.

Guess I should get on with some work, but I really don't have the inclination to do anything today - apart from sleep!

Back later.

Karen

Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: