Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Sore heads all around

It's always the same.

After the conference, there are always sore heads, and it's usually the same people who suffer. Me? I was smart - I refused to go, as I knew damned well that I would end up sitting up 'till the crack of sparrow fart talking to people that I know and respect.

From what I can gather, it was a damned good night and I'm almost sorry that I didn't go. But, with hind sight, I think I did the best thing for myself, as I was knackered when I got home last night. Ok - I finished at 18:00, but I'd been in the office since 08:30, and I was doing what felt like 50 million things at once.

But, as I sit at my desk, I don't mind admitting that I am mentally and physically drained - simply because I was running on pure adrenaline yesterday, and I know damned well when I get out of here tonight, I'm going to be on-course for a spark out, because I'm knackered!

Guess I should call this entry quits - I've got loads of work to catch up with from yesterday.

Back tomorrow.

Karen

Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: