Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Mangled by the sawbones, but it's good news.....

Well, the sawbones has spoken - and I'm off to see the physiotherapist again - this time for a three month stint of intensive physio. But, at least he was positive, and said that if I felt that the pain was worsening before I was due to see him again in three months time, then I was welcome to go back and see him.

If this physio doesn't work, then I've got to go for a course of jabs (not my favourite option, thank you very much) but I guess that it's preferable to having an operation on my shoulder! Ok - it would only be a minor operation to see what's going on in the joint, but I still don't like the idea of being operated on.

So, it boiled down to the fact that the shoulder is in the throes of acute tendonitis, and that I should continue to use the wheatie, Ibuleve gel, anti-inflammatory pills and painkillers. I was also told to consider acupuncture, as I'd already said that I wasn't averse to considering alternative therapies.

As well as getting the shoulder seen to, I was also examined by the consultant in A & E who treated my rib injuries on Saturday. He was quite impressed with the bruising, and told me that I wasn't to ride for another 4 weeks, but I was to get the same standard (or better) body armour if I intended to continue riding, and more to the point, intended to survive that sort of impact - as the last time he'd seen this sort of injury, the patient ended up in ITU, then the morgue as they had succumbed to the injuries sustained.

Talk about getting shaken. I swear that I had a guardian angel looking after me on Saturday, and I know one thing - Dad would say that it was money well spent if the armour had saved my life. So, I guess that I shouldn't begrudge having to pay the £50 excess on my horse insurance - especially as I get like for like with the policy!

Guess I should call this quits - I've got work to do, but I've just got no interest at all - guess that I'm just bouncing like a demented tigger because of the news from the hospital...

Back later, if I've stopped bouncing!

Karen

Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: