Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Roller-coaster of a weekend....

Well, I have to admit that the weekend was somewhat of a roller-coaster ride for me. Saturday morning was OK - Mum and I went shopping in Solihull, and I decided to hit Waterstones, and I bought four books!

One was on the development of the atomic bomb, and the other three were Terry Pratchett books - the next three in the Discworld series (Mort, Sourcery and Wyrd Sisters).

But the rest of the day was quite emotionally draining, simply because I decided to move my beloved horse closer to home and spent the rest ofthe afternoon making sure that she was ok, and settling in.

I also had a call from my daft hog riding friend to let me know that he was at his friend's house in Redditch ok, and that he would try and see me on Sunday.

Sunday. What can I say about that, apart from the fact that it was a really good day. I decided to go horse riding in the morning, and I was a bit late getting back - like about 10:15, and I will admit, I did pong a bit!

As soon as I walked in the house, Mum told me to buzz off for a shower, as, and I quote "you stink". Thanks Mum!

I had just started to wash my hair when my mobile rang. It was my daft hog riding friend. He asked if I was still going into Stratford, and said that he would love to meet up with me - and would be bringing someone with him - his friend from Redditch! Ok - not a problem there, as I'd spoken to this lass, and was curious to meet her...

Well, I got to Stratford, and met up with the pair of them and I will admit, it was a really good laugh, as the pair of us kept double-teaming the poor guy, and he said that he was getting fed up with the pair of us ganging up on him!

That made us laugh, and I have to admit, I really enjoyed myself, but I could sense that there was something bothering him...

Wanted you to know I love the way you laugh
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain away
I keep your photograph; I know it serves me well
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

One of these days, I'll listen to my instincts... I spoke to my friend late last night, and suffice to say that he ended up pouring his heart out to me - both in an e-mail and on the 'phone.

Obviously, what he told me will not be relayed here, but all that I shall say is that I now understand awful lot more than I did, and am more determined than ever to do what I can to help him.

The worst is over now and we can breathe again
I wanna hold you high, you steal my pain away
There's so much left to learn, and no one left to fight
I wanna hold you high and steal your pain

Guess I should call this entry quits - I'm supposed to be working, not blogging.

Back later, if I get the chance.

Karen

Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: