Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

MID (Mentioned in Despatches)

I'm shaking as I type this. I've just been told by my line manager that I've been mentioned (by name) in the Customer Service review meeting! It wasn't anything nasty - totally the opposite - I was being praised for my handling of the OTR work by the OTR Manager!

When my line manager told me, I've got to admit I was stunned, and said that it could explain why he (the OTR manager) was willing to help me out yesterday (there was a tyre short on an order, and I couldn't beg / borrow or steal one for once) and told the rep that there had only been three tyres, and that the other one was due in sometime next week!

That made my line manager laugh, and he said he thought the reason I got the help, was because I do my best to make sure that any problems are nipped in the bud, and that I work damned hard!

But I have admitted that I would jump at the chance to transfer to the OTR department, as that's where my real interest lies, as it all ties in with my upbringing as an engineer's brat.

I also owe a muppet an apology - I spoke to one of my colleagues in the OTR department, and told him what I'd been asked for, and that I was rather sceptical about it being a Ferrari... It turns out this is a dock handling machine, and just happens to have the same name as the sports car! Doh! But at least I know now for future reference...

Guess I should call this entry quits, as I don't really want to blot my copybook by getting caught blogging when I'm supposed to be working...

Back later, if I get the chance.

Karen
Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: