Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Walking towards the edge...

Ever had one of those days when you burst into tears for no reason? Well, I've just had one.

The day started out well enough, and Rachel and I decided that we wanted to go horse riding in the Malvern Hills. Carole thought we were nuts, but agreed to take the pair of us (and our horses) so that we could go where we wanted...

So, we got to Malvern, no problem, and agreed to meet up with Carole when we got to the end of the route that we'd planned to use.

We started riding, and my phone bleeped - I'd got a text message from my daft friend. He'd gone to Swindon to see friends, and promised that he would send me a text to let me know he was there ok. I read the message, and that was it - the tears started rolling down my cheeks.

Don't ask me why, but luckily for me, it was sleeting, so I was able to say that my tears were caused by the sleet hitting me in the face.

Whether or not Rachel believed me, I don't know, but she was polite enough (if that's the correct term) to keep her peace and not ask questions. But, I did notice that she seemed to keep a closer eye on me after that - almost as if she was worried that I was on the verge of some kind of breakdown.

Ok - I appreciate the fact that she was worried about me, but I gave her even more reason to panic towards the end of the ride... I went to dismount from Flame, and that was it - the world started to spin, and the only thing that saved me was the fact that Rachel was quick enough to grab hold of both me and Flame!

As soon as I was able to stand on my own two feet (albeit leaning on Flame), she insisted that I called my GP and got an appointment to get my blood pressure sorted out, as she said that I was a danger to myself! For once, I didn't argue with her - I obviously wasn't feeling 100% - I'm usually a stroppy little sod when I don't feel too good!

So, I've got the appointment on Monday - at 08:40, so that means I get a bit of a lie-in - one of the benefits I guess....

Suppose I'd better call this entry quits - I want to buzz off and watch CSI on channel 5...

Back when I get the chance...

Karen

Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: