Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

I hate shopping......

Ok - I know - it's a strange title, but it sums up my day. Mum and I went to Milton Keynes today... Ok - not a problem.

The problem arose when Mum said that I needed to get some new work trousers (she's been watching What Not To Wear again!) and I HATE trying on clothes - especially when I'm wearing walking boots.

Ok - maybe it was partly my fault for wearing walking boots, but I had no intention of ending up with sore feet, because my ankle boots are easier (and faster) to take on and off (they've got a zip up the side of them.)

I got to the stage where I was less than enthusiastic, and Mum got quite irritable with me. She pointed out (rightly, I have to admit) that she was trying to help me, and that I could show a little more gratitude.

I agreed with that, but inwardly thought that I was no different to her when she was looking for something, but as I had no wish to argue with Mum at that moment in time, I kept quiet.

Despite that, it was a reasonably successful day, as Mum managed to get a new phone. She got fed up with not being able to turn her Nokia 3340 on and off (it's got the power button on the top of the phone - there's a nack to getting the damned thing to work!) So, we went into Carphone Warehouse, and she got herself a Motorola V550...

Not a phone I would have chosen, I have to admit, but I'm of the opinion that as long as she's happy with it, then that's all that matters...

As for me, well I've seen the phone that I want to get to replace my current phone... It's a Sony Ericsson Z520i. Ok - I admit that I've always said that the clam type phone isn't for me, but I've had a good look at this one, and appears to be quite robust...

Rats - I can hear the appetite on legs starting a punch up again - new year, same old trick from the cat.

Back when I get chance - provided that I'm in one piece after grabbing the cat!

Karen

Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: