Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Sore ribs...

Talk about having a guardian angel looking after me...

I got kicked in the ribs on Saturday - by Flame as I tried to jump clear of her, so that she could deal with a dog that was chasing her. The result? My body armour plates got smashed to pieces at the front, and the back plates also got broken.

So, I spent Saturday morning in the local A& E department, getting examined by a consultant, who couldn't believe that I wasn't more seriously injured after being kicked by a 17.0h horse! I guess that it goes to show that the initial investment in the body armour was well worth it - as my later father bought it for me for my birthday... It wasn't cheap when he bought it for me, but he was of the opinion that you got what you paid for - and I got 1/4 inch thick Kevlar plates...

Ok - I've got badly bruised ribs (and it makes breathing VERY painful), but it could have been a lot worse - I could have still been in hospital with broken ribs, and internal injuries. But, to be on the safe side, I've got to go and see the consultant on Thursday morning - before I go into see the sawbones about my shoulder.

What really irritates me though is the fact that I've had to claim on my horse insurance for a new set of armour. Admittedly, it's better (from my viewpoint) to pay the £50 excess, instead of the full £600, but it still galls me that I've go to go up to Walsall on Sunday to get the new armour fitted. Add into that, I'm banned yet again from horse riding for another 4 weeks, and you get one unhappy little tiger.

But, on the positive side, my friends have been really good about finding ways to take my mind off the pain, and I have to admit, I am eternally grateful for their support.

Guess I should call this quits - it's nearly time for me to take some more pain killers...

Back later, if I get the chance.

Karen


Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: