Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Preparing for the weekend...

Well, under normal circumstances, I would have been preparing to go out on the lash with Julian and co, but due to the fact that my ribs are still highly traumatized, and I'm under strict instructions not to do anything daft, I'm having to do as I'm told for once, and it doesn't suit me at all.

Having said that though, there are compensations to having to spend a quiet weekend for once - namely the fact that I can spend some time at home with Mum... Ok - I'm the first to admit that I don't see as much of Mum as I would like to, simply because of the fact that she's working every other weekend, and I have this habit of buggering off with Flame. Or at least I did until I got booted!

But, this weekend has been quieter, simply because I'm too damned sore to do anything, and I've made the most of it by going and getting my hair cut again, and getting the copper highlights put back in it. Only this time, I opted to go shorted than normal for me!

Don't ask me what prompted me to get it cut as short as I did - suffice to say that I'm a lot happier than I was - even though I do look like a hedgehog first thing in the morning, as my hair is all spike!

Aside from that, I've also been to get measured for my new body armour... Unfortunatly for me, the manufacturer has stopped making the 1/4 inch thick plate, so the insurance company has authorised my saddled to get the 1/2 inch thick plate - with me still paying the same excess!!

Time to call this quits - it's my turn to give the maurading moggies their last snack of the day..

Back when I get chance.

Karen
Learning to fly, but I don't have wings

0 comments: