Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Trying to dull the pain....

My shoulder's killing me, and it doesn't seem to matter how many painkillers I swallow, and how hot I keep the wheatie, the pain doesn't subside. I'm trying to think if I've done anything to aggravate the problem - apart from use the arm normally!

I guess that the pain is really starting to get to me, as I'm feeling really grotty and bad tempered, and I'm trying to avoid taking my frustration out on my colleagues.

But it doesn't help when I get smart ass comments about me having the wheatie on my shoulder. Ok - I know that it doesn't look that good (or smell that good - I think I've cooked it!), but it's keeping me warm and making moving the arm a little easier, so I'm doing my best to ignore the comments.

On top of that, I feel really woolly headed, and just want to get left alone, but certain people just keep niggling at me, and I'm doing my level best to swallow my temper...

Having said that though, one of the girls that I work with has me in fits of giggles, by sending me silly e-mails, and the worst part for me, is the fact that I managed to burst into fits of giggles whilst I was in the process of trying to place an order. Thankfully, the customer was understanding, and jokingly said that if the order was goofed up, he would know the reason why!

But, having said that, it really lighten things when I get an e-mail like this from my line manager... (Names have been removed to protect the allegedly innocent!)

Hi,


I might have mentioned that I am going on holiday for a couple of weeks and return on the 11th April!


For the first time in 4 years I will not be accessible whilst away.


Please keep up the excellent service levels, you are all on for max bonus currently, keep going.


Please use Symposium to check when to go not ready and please be as unpleasant to the customers, both internal and external, as possible.


Whilst I am away please send all holiday requests and absence notifications to either XXXX or XXXXXX.


Thank you.

As if he hadn't gloated about this fact for the past two weeks to my knowledge! Still, if it gives him a break, I guess that I can put up with a bit of gloating - especially as I'm as bad when I'm getting ready to go on holiday!

Rats - it's getting busy.

Back tomorrow.

Karen.

Don't let the b'stards get you down

0 comments: