Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Back from lunch…

Well, I've got things sorted out with my other half... To be honest, it wasn't the most enjoyable lunch I've had, but it transpired that the row was caused by more than just me going out in Birmingham the other night.

It turns out that he was really worried about me, as I've been in a lot of pain with my shoulder, and he's been too scared to tell me to take things easy, as I have a habit of exploding when I feel that people are trying to interfere in my life.

On top of that, he's scared that I'm taking on more than I can really handle at work and that I may start to think about leaving the company, and moving on with my life - without him in it. I asked what caused him to think that, and it turns out that he's been badly hurt in the past.

What is it with my taste in men? I seem to pick up on the ones that have seen / unseen emotional baggage, and then end up having to try and repair damage that previous partners have done.

I know it sounds like I'm thinking about calling it quits - nothing could be further from the truth. Whatever else I may be, I don't walk away when I know that there is a chance for me to make something out of a relationship, and I've got no intention of allowing the past to drive a wedge between the pair of us.

Time to call this entry quits - I'm going to go over to his place tonight, and I'm going to make damned sure that he knows how I feel about him...

Back tomorrow if I get chance, as it's nearly the end of the month / first quater, so the phones are likely to be going mad.

Karen.

Don't let the b'stards get you down

0 comments: