Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Finding ways to speed the link

No, I'm not turning my blog into an advertisement for ANY company. I was told about this company, as I'm getting seriously fed up with the crap connection speed that my ISP deems suitable / acceptable. Ok - I know the alternative is to go over to broadband, but until such time as I spend over four hours a day every day on-line, I don't see the point.

I mean, the times that I tend to log on (about 19:00 GMT), the speed can be as low as 36Kbps, and my compression rate is about 28%... This program, can according to what I've been told, give me broadband style performance without the broadband cost.

I'd be interested to hear what other options people have found to speed up their connections - without going to broadband!

Suppose I'd better look like I'm doing the internet search I said I was doing, instead of blogging!

Back later, if I get the chance.

Karen.

Don't let the b'stards get you down

0 comments: