Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Knackered - but there's a good reason why....

I guess the title says it all. I had a brilliant time last night - even if I did get stuck in traffic on the way to my partner's place. Needless to say, I was less than impressed, but thankfully, my partner had got the shower ready for me to get into as soon as I arrived, and whilst I was in the shower, he very thoughtfully laid out my clothes for the evening.

We got to Nottingham, and managed to park quiet easily, and then headed into the concert.... What can I say about that, apart from WOW! Russell Watson was a true pro - belting out both classical opera arias, to my personal favorite: Where My Heart Will Take Me

It's been a long road, getting from there to here.
It's been a long time, but my time is finally near.
And I can feel the change in the wind right now, nothing's in my way.
And they're not gonna hold me down no more, no they're not gonna hold me down.

Cause I've got faith of the heart,
I'm going where my heart will take me.
I've got faith to believe, I can do anything..
I've got strength of the soul, and no one's gonna bend or break me.
I can reach any star,
I've got faith, faith of the heart.

It's been a long night, trying to find my way,
Been through the darkness, now I finally have my day.
And I will see my dream come alive at last.
I will touch the sky,
And they're not gonna hold me down no more, no they're not gonna change my mind.

I've known the wind so cold,
I've seen the darkest days.
But now the winds I feel, are only winds of change.
I've been through the fire and I've been through the rain.
But I'll be fine ...

'Cause I've got faith of the heart.
I'm going where my heart will take me.
I've got faith to believe, I can do anything.
I've got strength of the soul, and no one's gonna bend or break me.
I can reach any star,
I've got faith, faith of the heart.

'Cause I've got faith of the heart.
I'm going where my heart will take me.
I've got faith to believe, I can do anything.

I've got strength of the soul, and no one's gonna bend or break me.
I can reach any star,
I've got faith, faith of the heart.


Cause I've got faith of the heart.
I'm going where my heart will take me.
I've got faith to believe, I can do anything.
I've got strength of the soul, and no one's gonna bend or break me.
I can reach any star,
I've got faith, faith of the heart.

 I know that this isn't strictly a classical piece, but it's one of my favourites, and it really lifts me when I'm feeling flat. After the concert,the pair of us went to dinner, and we finally got back home at 02:30 this morning! I slept in the car on the way down, and was only woken up when we'd arrived.

Despite that, I'm knackered today, but I know that the reason I'm knackered is because I had a really good time last night, and I know that all this has done is strengthen the bond between us, and that hopefully, we'll be able to withstand whatever life has to throw at the pair of us - both on a personal and professional level.

Suppose I should think about doing some w*rk, instead of blogging, before I get strung up by my line manager....

Back later, if I get chance before I go to Physio today....

Karen.

Don't let the b'stards get you down

0 comments: