Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Spending my time...

Trying to do as little as possible! Especially as I got very little sleep last night, because just as I was settling down to sleep, my phone rang. It was my partner, making sure that I was ok after physio.

Needless to say, when I told him that there was the possibility that I may have to see a sawbones, he was really concerned, and wanted to make sure that I knew that he would be there to support me, whatever the outcome.

That really surprised me, as I wasn't expecting that sort of support, and I guess that the surprise showed in my voice, because he said that he wasn't one of those fellas that scarped at the first sign of trouble!

We spoke for a bit longer, and he said that he would make an effort to see me before I go to the Isle of Wight, as this will be the longest time that we've been apart from each other....

Now onto today... I keep in contact with a fella [who shall remain nameless unless I get told otherwise] and he keeps me rather well entertained with various e-mail jokes - this one being his latest offering:

A wealthy man was having an affair with an Italian woman for several years. One night, during one of their rendezvous, she confided in him that she was pregnant.


Not wanting to ruin his reputation or his marriage, he said he would pay her a large sum of money if she would go to Italy to secretly have the child. If she stayed in Italy to raise the child, he would also provide child support until the child turned 18.


She agreed but asked how he would know when the baby was born. To keep it discrete, he told her to simply mail him a post card and write"Spaghetti" on the back. He would then arrange for child support payments to begin.


One day, about 9 months later, he came home to his confused wife. "Honey," she said. "You received a very strange post card today."


"Oh, just give it to me and I'll explain it," he said. The wife obeyed and watched as her husband read the card, turned white and fainted.


On the card was written: "Spaghetti, Spaghetti, Spaghetti. Two with meatballs, one without."

I also get jokes sent to me by my colleagues:

George Bush and the Devil.


George Bush has a heart attack and dies. He goes to hell where the Devil is waiting for him. "I don't know what to do here," says the Devil. "You're on my list but have no room for you, but you definitely have to stay here, so I'll tell you what I'm going to do. I've got 3 people here who weren't quite as bad as you. I'll let one of them go, but you have to take their place. I'll even let YOU decide who leaves."


George thought that sounded pretty good, so he agreed. The Devil opened the first room. In it was Richard Nixon and a large pool of water. He kept diving in and surfacing empty handed over and over and over. Such was his fate in hell.


No!" George said. "I don't think so. I'm not a good swimmer and don't think I could do that all day long."


The Devil led him to the next room. In it was Tony Blair with a sledgehammer and a room full of rocks. All he did was swing that hammer, time after time after time.


"No! I've got this problem with my shoulder. I would be in constant agony if all I could do was break rocks all day!" commented George.


The Devil opened a third door. In it, George saw Bill Clinton lying naked on the floor with his arms staked over his head and his legs staked in spread eagle pose. Bent over him was Monica Lewinsky, doing what she does best.


George Bush looked at this in disbelief for a while and finally said, "Yeah,I can handle this." The Devil smiled and said.... "Monica, you're free to go!"


Suppose I should think about doing some work, but to be honest, I'm suffering from a severe case of TNFI.......

Back later - if I get the chance.

Karen.

Don't let the b'stards get you down

0 comments: