Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

That’s the way it is…

The title of this entry is from a song – That’s the way it is by Celine Dion, but it sums up how I’m feeling at this moment in time.

The reason? Simple. A stupid argument with my partner, because I had the nerve to go out last night without him, and the fact that I’d stayed over at Julian’s last night, as I was well over the drink drive limit. Not to mention the mere fact that Julian had taken my car keys off me when I arrived!

He can’t seem to understand that Julian’s the one fella I’m perfectly safe with, as Julian’s gay. There’s more chance of finding 24k gold on the streets of Birmingham, than there is of him making a pass at me!

Ok – I admit it was partly my fault, as I’d forgotten to tell him I was off out last night, but as it’s been an on-going arrangement since we’d been seeing each other, I would have thought he’d have remembered.

Thankfully, we’ve agreed that in future, we’ll tell the other if one of us is off out without the other, as my partner has rightly pointed out that I wouldn’t like it if he’d gone out with a female friend and crashed over at her place without telling me.

I refrained from pointing out that I’ve know Julian more years than enough, and have agreed to meet him for lunch tomorrow – a sort of ‘clear the air’ meeting for the pair of us.

So, as I prep this entry for my blog, I don’t mind admitting (not for the first time!) I’m scared. Scared that a stupid mistake may cost me the chance to make a real go of things with this fella, but all I can do, is pray that there is some mercy in this world, and that I won’t get too badly hurt.

Suppose I’d better log off and bog off – I’ve got to make sure that the furry fiend (Ponto) is settling down to sleep, instead of trying to slink off out for another fight…

Back tomorrow – if I’m in the right frame of mind.

Karen.


Don't let the b'stards get you down

0 comments: