Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

After the Physio - and I'm scared.

No - I'm not scared of the physio - she's very good, and I won't hear a word said against her. Even if I do refer to her as a sadist! What I'm scared of is the possibility that I'll have to have my shoulder operated on, and all the associated hassle that it will cause me.

What makes me say this? Simple. The shoulder appears to be tracking normally, meaning that the muscles in the joint are healing nicely, but I'm still in pain, and am still getting the horrible "crunching" sensation when I move my arm.

So, it looks like I may have to see a sawbones (sorry - orthopaedic surgeon) and have some of the collar bone removed, in order to allow the arm to move without restriction, and hopefully, prevent this problem re-occurring every 3 - 4 months.

There is, however, the small matter of me being unable to use my right arm for about 6 - 8 weeks, which means no driving, no horse-riding, no swimming, and no fun for me. Plus I'll have to consider the impact that me being off will have on my job.

Don't get me wrong - the company has been very supportive, and my friends and colleagues as well as my line manager, have bent over backwards trying to help me so the last thing I want, is to appear to be taking the piss.

Especially as I'd only just gone permanent at the company (I'd started there as a temporary worker / contractor) when I had to take two weeks off, because I lost Dad. Ok - that was exceptional circumstances, but since then, my health has been on the fragile side of things.

I know that this sounds like I'm jumping to conclusions, and all the other junk that people may well be thinking, as they read this, but I've got to consider the impact that the operation would have on my life.

Mum's not 100% fit, and to be honest, I don't think she ever will be, and the stress of me ending up back in hospital is the last thing I want to put on her.

If Dad had been around, I wouldn't have had a problem but as it's just the two of us (and no - I'm not discounting my partner - he's a real tower of strength - this is a purely selfish matter - me and my Mum!) I don't want to cause her any more grief / hassle / stress than I really need to.

But, I guess that the only thing I can do for the moment is take each day at a time, and see what the physio says when I see her after my holiday....

Time to call this quits - I need my ugly sleep.

Back tomorrow.

Karen.
Don't let the b'stards get you down

0 comments: