Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Enjoying a bank holiday...

It's one of the few times that Mum's off over a Bank holiday weekend, so we decided to take a trip into Stratford-Upon-Avon, and have a quiet wander around the shops, whilst avoiding the tourist traps.

I was disheartened to discover that one of my favourite shops has stopped selling Budrum Australian Ginger Mixer - which I found very therapeutic, as it stopped the silly little aches / pains that I suffer in the cold weather.

Plus, Stratford was full of tourists - who were getting in the damned way. Ok - I know that I've been a tourist, but I like to think that I'm considerate enough to avoid blocking the pavement. But, despite that, I did manage to get the few bits I was after - the main one being contact lens solution from Boots...

Why does it have to be from Boots? Simple. Because it's Boots' own brand of all in one solution - and lets me just take my lenses out in an evening, and doesn't cause any problems for me, as it's the preservative free variety.

But there's always something to bring the mood down a couple of pegs... Whilst I was in Marks & Spencer, Mum had some silly cow ram a pushchair into her right ankle. Ok - if it had been done so that the impact pushed her leg in the forward direction, it wouldn't have been a problem. But that wasn't on the cards...

Mum's leg got pushed inwards, which hurt her knee, and meant that it felt that the knee was trying to buckle whilst we were walking back towards the bus-stop, in order to catch the bus back to the Maybird centre, where we'd left the car. (Parking in Stratford is expensive and a real pain!)

As we needed to do some food shopping, we decided to go to Tesco in Warwick, instead of battling 'round the Tesco at Stratford... Which was quiet to say the least! Mind you, it could have been something to do with the fact that the England football team were fighting (I mean playing - no I was right first time) Northern Ireland in some dumb football match...

Bugger - I can hear Ponto starting another fight! That's all I need - to have to take that furry little b'stard to the vet because he's tried to choke some mutt by jumping down its throat!

Back when I've got the little swine!

Karen.

Don't let the b'stards get you down

0 comments: