Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Taking a tumble..

I knew it was too good to last. I got thrown off Flame on Sunday...

Ok - I'd better explain what happened... Carole, Rachel and myself decided that we were going to spend a day riding in the Malvern hills...

That was ok, and we got there in one piece, and had gotten the horses tacked up, and the others were mounted up, and waiting for me, as I'd been checking to make sure that Flame's girth was tight enough, in order to stop the saddle slipping...

As I went to mount up, there was a lad with one of these stunt kites that makes a screeching noise as it flies, and I'd seen that Flame was not very happy with the noise, so I politely asked if he would wait for me to get on Flame and get moving, before he launched the kite...

Unfortunately for me, he launched the kite when I'd gotten in the saddle, and didn't have my feet on the stirrups... Which was a blessing in a way, as Flame went up on her back legs, I went off backwards, and she shot off like she was in the St Ledger!

Carole was an angel, and went after Flame for me, whilst Rachel made sure that I was ok, as I'd landed flat on my back. Thankfully, I'd got my body armor on, and was only bruised and winded, but that didn't stop me from going mad at the muppet who'd launched the kite...

"I didn't think the horse would react like that" came the dumb reply. Thanks. Even though I'd asked the muppet not to fly the kite, as there was a good chance that something like this could happen...

Thankfully, Flame was unhurt by her run, and I was able to get into the saddle - albeit rather painfully. The rest of the day was un-eventful, and I admit to walking like an old woman when I did dismount from Flame...

Ah well, suppose I should log off and bog off, I'm supposed to be going to see my other half!

Back later, if I get chance.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: