Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

At last - Probate has been granted!!

There's nothing like a message giving good news to brighten a crappy day up. When I got home, there was a message on the answerphone from the family solicitor to say that we've finally got probate granted.

Ok - I know in a previous post, I said that I wouldn't get the family solicitor involved, but as it turned out, it was probably the smartest move that Mum and I could have made, as the Probate court seemed determined to declare that Dad died intestate - when both Mum and I knew that there was a valid will.

I know this sounds horrible, but as an only child, when Mum dies, I'll inherit the whole estate. But for the moment, as far as I'm concerned, taking anything from Dad's estate would feel wrong and I would feel like I was profiting from Dad's death.

Hmm - suppose I should call this entry quits - I'm supposed to be going my partner's for dinner...

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: