Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Put my head on the block for you? No chance.

The title sums up my feelings about a request. Ok - the person who's made the request is someone whom I have a lot of time for, but not when it means that I'll be the one to get lynched.

Why do I say this? Simple. Because the tyres that he wants are on a back order, and there's not enough stock to clear all the back orders. The crux of the matter being the mere fact that I've been told by my colleague in logistics - trying to complete the order would be a case of "which customer do you want to piss off?"

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't have an issue, as I would call my normal contact, and get the go-ahead that way. But as my contact is on vacation for two weeks, I'm unwilling to put my head on the block, and get sliced up because I've bounced a customer (or two) to help this guy out.

So, all I can do is wait and see what response I get to the voicemail I've left, and see what happens from there. I have got a get-out clause that involves a director giving the go-ahead, but I'm keeping that in reserve, as I really don't want to alienate the rest of the guys that I work with, just to help out one fella.

Suppose I should look like I'm working, but to be honest, I've got no interest at all....

Back later, if I get the chance.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread