Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Something that made me laugh....

This got sent to me by my daft friend - he said that it was appropriate, given the fact that I'm an F1 fan....

The Mclaren Formula 1 Team have sacked their entire pit crew yesterday. The announcement followed Mclaren's decision to take advantage of the UK Government's Youth Opportunity scheme and employ people from Liverpool.

The decision to hire them was brought on by a recent documentary on how unemployed youths from the Toxteth area were able to remove all the wheels in less than 6 seconds, using only a bottle jack, a Halfords multi-purpose wheel-brace and 4 bricks, whereas Mclaren's existing crew can only do it in 8 seconds with millions of dollars worth of high tech equipment.

Tony Blair went on record as saying this was a bold move by the Mclaren management, which demonstrated the international recognition of the UK under New Labour. As most races are won and lost in the pits, Mclaren now have a greater advantage over every team.

However, Mclaren may have got more than they bargained for... At the crew's final practice session, the Chirpy Scousers successfully changed the tyres in under 6 seconds, but then within another 25 seconds they had re-sprayed, re-badged, and sold the vehicle to the Ferrari team for 8 cans of Tennants Super, half a kilo of Charlie and some photos of Schumacher's Mrs in the shower.

Hmm - suppose I should think about doing some work, but I'm not really interested at the moment!

Back when I get chance...

Karen

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: