Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

It's not easy when you don't know why...

Well, I guess I do know why I feel so down. My friend died at 10:30 yesterday morning, and I've made a boo-boo with a delivery - it should have been a collection!

The worst part is, I feel like I've let everyone down - including myself, and I can hardly type for the tears that keep welling up in my eyes.

My line manager has been a real angel - he's realised that I'm starting to crack under the strain of my workload, and has said that he wants to talk to me tomorrow about what the team can do to help me get back to my old self.

I've already admitted that I'm quite willing to relinquish the one account that gives me so much grief, but I'm not going to lose the OTR side of things, not when I've done so much damned work to bring my knowledge base up to a level where I can be of some use to the guys in the field.

Thankfully, he's said that he's happy with me doing the OTR side of things, as he knows how much I enjoy working on that, but there are several bits that he thinks I could use some help with - and he's determined to avoid allowing this one account to think that they've got more power than they really have, and help me re-build my confidence back up to the level it was before I got crushed by everything hitting me all at once.

Time to get on with some work - I'm determined to clear my name on where some of the crap is concerned!!

Back later.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread