Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Getting the Tiger's roar back...

Well, I'm happier than I was yesterday, but that's only because two of the people I really care about have been absolute angels, and helped me get back on my 'paws'.

One of them was my daft hog riding friend, who was a real gem, and made me laugh by telling me about things that he used to do in previous jobs, as well as telling me not to take things too personally - especially where my work is concerned!

The other person was my partner, who came up to see me, and when he realised how down I really was, took me out for a drink, and a chill out at a pub that he knows, in a village between our homes...

I hadn't had anything to eat, simply because when I got home last night, I was far too uptight to eat... So, in theory, I should have been plastered by the time he dropped me off back home last night... But as per normal, the theory didn't follow the actual result - I was stone-cold sober.

Ok - I wouldn't have risked driving, but I was no-where near being drunk, and my partner was a real gent - he made sure that I was in the house ok before he left, and sent me a text message to let me know that he was home ok.

Time to call this entry quits - I'm supposed to be going into a meeting in a couple of minutes...

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread