Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Getting feedback is always nice..

I guess that I'd better respond to a couple of queries that I've received from posters about my blog...

In answer to Brian's comment, am I just sarcastic or is it just an English thing? Well, it depends on who / what I'm aiming at. And it's not because I'm English - I'm half Canadian from Dad's side of the family.

But most of the time, no, I'm not sarcastic - just rather fed up with the stupidity of people who don't seem to have anything better to do apart from complain.

Now onto the latest post / details... It feels like WWIII has broken out in the office. Two of the girls are involved in some silly little dispute that appears to have escalated into out and out war, and this dispute is now in danger of pulling me into the fray.

The worst part (for me, anyway) is the fact that both of them are using me as a shoulder to cry on, and as regular readers of this blog will know, I've got more than enough to keep me on my toes without this being added to my woes.

The mere fact that the probate court is querying the fact that Dad's will hadn't been updated for about 17 years. To be honest, neither he nor Mum thought that there was any need to update their wills as nothing had changed. So, I've got that hanging over me, as well as doing this dratted presentation at the conference.

Despite that, I'm keeping pretty much to my own council at the moment, as I'm currently the main contact for earthmover / industrial tyres in the office, as one of my colleagues is having a couple of days off.

As result, I've been kept pretty busy and have been on the 'phone most of the day. Mind you, I don't mind as the guys I talk to always end up veering off the subject and we end up talking about everything apart from work!

But, having said that, there are times when I wish I wasn't in the office and I'm starting to feel that today is one of them. Simply because I know that sooner or later, a complaint will be made to our departmental line manager, and I'll be hauled in to explain what's been going on.

The worst part is, I don't really want to drop either one in the proverbial, so I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I know that I should be ready, willing and able to explain what I've seen and heard (not to mention said myself), but I feel that I'll be betraying the confidence of both girls.

Still, I guess that life could be a heck of a lot worse, and I've decided to adopt a new motto:

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ~ "WOO HOO what a ride!""

Back when I get fed up.

Karen.

Don't let the b'stards get you down.

0 comments: