Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Something to make the day easier...

Just a little thought for those who work in an office....

Prayer for the stressed

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change things I cannot accept and the wisdom to hid the bodies of those I had to kill today because they got on my nerves.

Help me to be careful of the toes I step on today as they might be connected to the feet I may have to kiss tomorrow.

Help me always to give 100% at work: 12% on Monday, 23% on Tuesday, 40% on Wednesday, 20% on Thursday and 5% on Friday.

And help me to remember when I am having a bad day and it seems that people are trying to wind me up it takes 42 muscles to frown, 28 to smile and only four to extend my arm and smack someone in the mouth.

AMEN.

I know it sounds like all I do is bitch about work, but the office isn't as bad as it could be... There have been some offices that I've had the misfortune to work in, where you felt like you'd done well if you only had one knife hilt in your back!

Ah well, suppose I'd better get on with some w*rk...

Back later if I get the chance.

Karen.

Don't let the b'stards get you down.

1 comments:

Are you frightfully sarcastic, or is it just an English thing? (Guess I wouldn’t know—I’m American.)