Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Finalising Christmas presents and other rants

What is it about Christmas that makes people rush around like maniacs, buying more food and booze than they normally buy, and buy complete tasteless tat for Christmas presents?

I only mention this, because me being dumb realised that I’d not bought my Secret Santa present. So, I nipped into the local Sainsbury’s, to get the required gift. And what sights I saw.

More food and booze being bought than enough – I got the feeling that people are taking the three days off between Christmas and New Year, and will be just sitting in their armchairs feeding their faces with junk food and booze.

Why do I say this? Simple. Most of the stuff that I saw being loaded into trolleys was junk food – biscuits, crisps, etc as well as cases of booze. I could understand people stocking up, if they had family coming over, but surely they would have bought things like milk, bread, fruit and vegetables?

Maybe that’s just me being old fashioned, but it’s one of the things that I really dislike about Christmas. Mind you, I’ve got the perfect hat – it’s black and white, in the shape of a Santa hat, and says “BAH HUMBUG”




So, as you’ve guessed it, I'm really in the Christmas spirit. Not. But, I guess this will change on Boxing Day,as I'm going to see my Godsprog and her family. The only request (or should that be order) that the little monster has made is to my Mum – she’s asked Mum if she can make her a fresh Raspberry flan. Amber has been really generous as well – she said that she may even share it with Mum – greedy little monster.

But aside from that, I’ve now sorted my Secret Santa gift – it’s now on the desk with the rest of the stuff that people have bought – I'm dreading finding out what mine is….

Back later, if I get the chance.

If not – MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL


Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: