Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Feeling like squeak...

And I’m fed up with people taking the Mickey out of me, because all I can do is squeak. Add into that, the fact that I’m just feeling run down, and you get one unhappy little tigger.

Being told by one of my supervisors yesterday, that the powers that be appreciated the fact that I was in, despite having very little voice was nice, but the edge had been taken off earlier in the day by my manager who told me that they couldn’t afford to have me off sick as well, and that I needed to treat the squeak.

Excuse me – I’m not one of these people that think “oh, I’ll have a duvet day – I don’t fancy going into the office today.” If I’m off sick, it’s because I’ve either got an infection that means I’m not fit enough to go in, or I’ve got a migraine that makes me feel banging my head against a wall would be less painful.

As you can tell, I'm not feeling my normal chirpy self, as this cough is really dragging me down. To add insult to my injury, it’s my Godsprog’s birthday today, and I can’t risk going anywhere near the little monster in case I infect her with whatever I have got.

Isn’t life a bitch at times?

Guess I should do some work, but I have a severe case of TNFI – thankfully, there’s only one more day to go before the weekend…

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: