Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

The day after the day before...

Christmas. You seem to spend about half the year preparing for the big day, and when it finally arrives, it's almost as if it's a case of is this it? All that work / stress / hassle for this?

Ok - maybe I'm getting cynical in my old age. (And before I get comments - I know I'm only 30, but there have been times when I've felt 130! The morning after my department's Christmas do being one of them! More on that in a later post.)

Having said that, it wasn't too bad - Mum and I had a quiet day - which is what the pair of us really wanted (apart from Dad being with us - but that just goes without saying, really.)

Mum was over the moon with the perfume bottle, and said that it was from a maker that she'd never considered collecting in the past. The foot spa was well received, and Mum put it to the test later in the day, and said that it made her feet feel a lot better.

Me? I got Green Day's new album - American Idiot. I'm listening to it now, and some of the songs are really though provoking - especially Boulevard of Broken Dreams. I will admit - that's one of my favorite tracks, but the rest of the album has the normal guitar riffs and good strong vocals.

The one present that really made me smile was given to me by a guy that I met (ok re-phrase that - got to know better as a person!) at the Christmas do. He gave me a little box that was gift wrapped, and insisted that I waited until Christmas day to open the box, and then call him to let him know what I thought...

He'd bought me a pair of Peridot earrings! They're really unusual, and to say I was speechless was an understatement! I called him as soon as I could, and said that I was really touched, and felt a real rat, because I hadn't gotten him anything.

The reply was something that took me by surprise - "Princess, you don't need to get me anything. You're the only thing that I want for Christmas." Normally, I'd be making comments along the lines of - "Where's the vomit bucket / what are you after, etc"

Needless to say, after that, I was struggling to find words - not something that I usually have problems with - as my friends well know!

Ah well - time to call the entry quits - I'm off to Leek Wooten to see Amber & co...

Back whenever.

Karen.

Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: