Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Politically correct jokes? I don’t think so.

Just another one of my pet hates. Ok – I agree that there should be limits, but when it comes to humour, there are few boundaries I won’t cross. My trouble is, most of the jokes I know are racist, sexist or down right offensive. Or, as a good friend of mine like to point out – if I’m lucky – all three! If you’re easily offended, skip the rest of this post!

I was given the DVD of the self-proclaimed Australian Bard (also known as Kevin “Bloody” Wilson) He of such classic songs / ballads as She’s the kinda Sheila for me, Santa Claus, DILLIGAF (Do I Look Like I Give A F****) and my personal favourite That f*****g cat’s back.

Suffice to say that I was howling with laughter – especially when he came out with the comment about making PC jokes.

’Cause to me, political correctness has always been a contradiction in terms. If it’s political, it’s a real good chance it’s not correct.” (Or words to that effect!) Needless to say, it has had me in fits of giggles.

There were jokes about fun runs. (Now there’s a contradiction in terms!) It turned out to be a 5k run, which took him 3 days, as there were pubs along the way… “And I didn’t know you weren’t allowed to spend all the money every b’stard had given me.”

The best bit is where he takes a swipe at his fellow countrymen. He asks the drunks in the audience to put their hands up… Only a few people stuck their hands up, so Kevin asks people sitting next to a drunk to put their hands up…. “That’s the Australian attitude – dob your mates in.”

The other thing that’s had me in stitches is a book that Mum gave me for Christmas. It’s called A year in the merde by Stephen Clarke. (And yes – I am quite aware of the title’s translation. French was one subject at school I enjoyed!)

Still, where would this world be, without a sense of humour? In my opinion, it would be a poorer place, especially when you get gems like this sent to you…

http://www.gotlaughs.com/funflash/boobs_hang_low.cfm

And I make no apologies – it’s an old ‘un but a classic!

Time to call this entry quits – I can hear my two furry thugs starting a punch-up with the cats next door…

Back tomorrow.

Karen

Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?


0 comments: