Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

A bit of a rough patch...

Somehow, I've managed to duplicate a couple of orders for a couple of the accounts that I work with. To be honest, I'm somewhat embarrassed about this, as it's the first time that I've made such a mistake. My colleagues have told me not to worry, as it's "just one of those things", but that doesn't make me feel any brighter, as I feel that I've let myself down..

Still, I shouldn't be too downbeat - I'm off out tonight to see an old friend. No - not my ex - but a fella who knows just what to do to cheer me up - and make me smile in the process. Including sending me silly jokes whilst I'm at work - along the lines of:

Vodka & Red Bull Christmas cake
Ingredients:
1 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Lemon juice
4 large eggs
Nuts
1 bottle vodka
I can Red Bull
2 cups dried fruit

Method: 1. Sample the vodka to check the quality
2. Take a large bowl and sample the vodka again
3. To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and mix with a little Red Bull and drink
4. Repeat
5. Turn on the electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl
6. Add teaspoon of sugar. Beat again.
7. At this point, it is best to make sure that the vodka is still ok.
8. Flavour with Red Bull to taste.
9. Try another cup just in case, turn off the mixerer.
10. Break to leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the dried fruit.
11. Pick fruit off the floor.
12. Mix on the turner.
13. If the dried fruit gets stuck in the beaters, pry it loose with a drewscriver.
14. Shample the vodka for tonsistency, flavour with a little Bed Rull.
15. Next ssiffft two cups of salt. Or something. Who gives a ***t.
16. Throw a pinch of Bed Rull over your shoulder.
17. Pick up can, mop floor.
18. Check the vodka.
19. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
20. Add one table.
21. Add a shpoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find.
22. Turn the cake tin 350 degrees and try not to fall over.
23. Don't forget to beat off the turner.
24. Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the vodka and kick the dog.
25. Fall into bed.

CHERRY MISTMASS


Ah well, suppose I'd better get on with some work....

Back later - if I get chance.

Karen.
Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: