Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Guess things must be making an impact...

To get a comment about my blog was unexpected, but to be told that the writer of the comment doesn't like what he / she / it reads is just up to them. Simple solution - if you don't like what I write, don't read my blog.

Now that's sorted out, I can get on with the rest of my blog. As you may or may not know, one of my hobbies is horse riding. And I will admit, I've had my share of scares / accidents / injuries over the past few years. Well, it wasn't my turn to go splat.

It was Rachel's turn. Her horse shied at something, and that was it - she was out the back door, and fell back first onto a boulder. Thankfully, she was wearing body armour, but it didn't prevent her being badly injured.

So, I spent a happy time (take that with a very LARGE pinch of salt) at the A&E - in the same room / area where Dad had died. Needless to say, I came very close to freaking out. But freaking out was not an option for me, as I needed to make sure that her sister (who's little girl I am God-mum to) was ok.

Rachel is, as I type this, in hospital recovering from surgery to pin her shoulder back together, and will be in hospital for the New Year. (Much to her disgust!)

Her sister has made me promise that I will take her to the saddler that I use, to make sure that she gets the same body armour as I wear. Ok - I admit it probably wouldn't have prevented the injuries, but it may have prevented them being so serious.

Ah well, that's what you get when you decide to take a hobby that involves dealing with something that has a mind / will of it's own.

Suppose I'd better call this quits - I need to make sure that Rach's operation has gone ok...

Back when I get the chance.

Karen.


Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: