Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Short staffed, and short voiced....

We've got a whole load of people off sick / on holiday today, and I'm losing my voice. Still, guess it could be worse - I could still look like Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer!


But, having said that, the weekend was quite good, as I managed to get all of my Christmas shopping done - including getting my Godsprog's birthday and Christmas presents. The little munchkin is getting a space hopper for her birthday - that way, she can chase the family cat to her heart's content...


Christmas.... Me being malevolent, I've bought her the cymbal set to match her drum set that her aunt has bought her for Christmas. Her mother is going to skin the pair of us, but I think she may forgive me.... Eventually. *Grin*


Having said that though, I know that Amber will appreciate the pressies - and will take great delight in driving her family barmy!


Mind you, I picked this little gem up from the company newsletter....


A Christmas Story

It was Christmas Eve, and the excitement and anticipation of the night ahead, was so close you could almost taste it. Kitchens all over were infused with the heady scent of mince pies oozing with brandy butter. Children were hanging their stockings on the chimney breast hoping that tomorrow they would be stuffed beyond their wildest dreams (the stockings, not the children!?!).

So what tragic irony that amidst such seasonal goodwill, Father Christmas, the man who shoulders the burden of all our Christmas expectations should be having such a torrid time.

Mrs Christmas wasn't speaking to him as she'd discovered she was getting perfume for the 10th year running. The Elves were complaining that they had not been paid for the overtime they'd put in while making the toys for the world's children.

The reindeer had found a bottle of cherry brandy at the back of the cupboard and had taken the sleigh out for a spin, crashed it into a tree and were now rolling around laughing hysterically and telling silly jokes.

Poor Father Christmas was at the end of his tether. "I CAN'T believe it! I've got to deliver millions of presents all over the world in just a few hours from now and my reindeer are drunk, my elves are on strike, the wife's in a strop and I don't even have a Christmas tree! I sent that silly Little Angel out HOURS ago to find a tree and he still hasn't come back yet!"

Just then the Little Angel, all aglow with heavenly goodness, opened the front door and stepped in from the snowy night, dragging an enormous, lush Christmas tree behind him. The little Angel looked up at Father Christmas with shining eyes and spake forth: "Where would you like me to stick this, Father Christmas???"

And thus it came to pass, in homes the whole world over, the tradition of an Angel perching precariously atop the Family Christmas tree. Sure to bring a tear to even the most unfeeling eye!


Suppose I should think about doing some work, instead of blogging..


Back later - if I get the chance...


Karen.
Do spiders scream when they see a big fat hairy human in the bath?

0 comments: