Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Now is the spring of our discontent

It seems like there have been nothing but strikes reported in the news this past week, with the BA cabin crew having a three day strike (another four day strike is due to start on Saturday), British Gas voting for a strike (the dates for this are still to be confirmed) the Rail Signalmen voting for a strike over Easter, and now the civil servants are on strike today.

It does make you wonder if people are getting fed up with the “powers that be” – the only people I have no sympathy with are the BA cabin crew, because their colleagues at Gatwick have been operating the reduced crew levels for the past 12 months, and passengers have noticed no difference in levels of service, not to mention the pay is way over the market rate.

But the strikers aren’t the only ones who are unhappy. My beloved is still unhappy with his current employment – even more so since he had to move office. Previously, his workplace was about a 20min drive from home – now it’s more like 1¼ hrs to and from the office, meaning that he has to leave home at some stupid hour in the morning (think it’s about 06:30) to get to his playpen.

So, until things change for the better in the economy, my beloved is stuck in a job that he hates, in an office that he loathes. I guess I should be thanking my lucky stars that I’ve got a job that I enjoy, with people (most people I should say) that I like.

Back later if I get the chance…


Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: