Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Movement orders

Great. I’ve got to move desks. Again. I thought it was too good to be bloody true that I was going to get left where I was.

This was the mail that got sent out with the dratted plan:

In order to integrate more thoroughly the core call takers in our group with those that conduct mainly account administration work, we are having a seating reorganisation.

I have attached a diagram showing the new layout.

We believe we have covered all areas where people need to interact but if we have missed anything, or you have a good business reason why an aspect of this is not appropriate, please let us know.

All being well the move will take place on Good Friday 2nd April.

In preparation for the move would you please take the opportunity to have a good clear up of your work station, we can provide black bin bags if you need.

Now normally, I wouldn’t bitch about the move – my only request on the last move was that I wouldn’t be sitting where my right shoulder would be hit by the downdraft from the air conditioning.

Thankfully, it looks like this has been thought about and I won’t have to worry about the draft.

The only slight grump I have, is that I’ll have to sort my desk out – again. But on the positive side, it will allow me to dispose of a load of junk that I’ve managed to accumulate over the nearly 6 years that I’ve worked here (God, where has that time gone???)

Ah well, I guess that I should get on with some work, but I really am suffering from TNFI, which isn’t good as it’s only Tuesday!

Back later, if I get the chance.

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: