Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Graze box and other rants

This sounds really tasty, and looking on the website, there are quite a few bits I would be interested in munching on - especially as I got a "get first box free, second box half price code" (1Y4BJ6MN)

Or at least that was the plan until I went to register… There’s a little check box that asks if you’ve got a nut allergy. I do, and so I selected the option…

Only to have the following message displayed:

Sorry, graze is currently not available for people with a nut allergy as our food is packed in an environment where traces of nuts are present.

We will have a nut-free packing environment in the near future, so please check back soon.

Ok – I can accept this, because a nut allergy can be fatal, and the company are just trying to protect themselves against being sued because someone had an allergic reaction. But it does bug the hell out of me when practically ALL packaged foods say “may contain traces of nuts and/or seeds”

Again, I understand the reason why, but it is most frustrating. I mean, you get the “Free From” range – which I think is a good idea, but they only do the easy stuff to avoid – gluten, lactose, sugar and things like that. No-one (as far as I am aware) does a range that is free from nuts. Which is insane, as people like me would quite happily buy it.

Ah well, enough ranting for now – I suppose I’d better think about doing some w*rk, but it’s Friday, and I’ve got TNFI…

Back later (possibly)


Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: