Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Being reduced to tears… By a book

It’s not often that a book does this to me, but last night, a book managed to reduce me to tears. Not once, but a total of four times.

This is something of a record for me, as I’m not normally the sort that cries at this sort of thing, but this book for some reason just hooked me totally. It’s Succubus Shadows by Richelle Meade (think it’s book number five in the Georgina Kincaid series)

So, as I’m sitting on the sofa last night, I got towards the end of the book, and that was it – I lost it in about four different places, and looked a total wreck by the time that I had finished the book.

It was the ending that totally got me, and I won’t spoil it for people, suffice to say that it was somewhat unexpected, and I now can’t wait for the next instalment – whenever that’s going to be!

Guess I should think about doing some w*rk, but I’m suffering from TNFI – and it’s only Tuesday!

Back later, if I get the chance.

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: