Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Merry Hill? More like Merry HELL.

I think the title sums this up perfectly. Mum and I decided to go to the Merry Hill shopping centre, to see what was there, as we’d not been for about three years. And on reflection, I can see why it was so long since we’d been. Parking there is hell, and to be honest, the place needs another department store (one other than Debenhams)

We got there at 08:30 (it was the only way that we could get a decent parking space!) As most stores didn’t open until 09:00, we opted for a McBreakfast (it was the only place that was open!)

So, once 9am hit, Mum and I started our shopping… And the pair of us were rather disappointed. Maybe it’s because I’m comparing it with Milton Keynes (which is a similar size – just all on one level as opposed to two levels like Merry Hill) but I was left distinctly un-impressed.

All the stores seemed…. I think the term is “pokey” and badly organised, and as for Debenhams... The less said the better. It smacked of desperation across the entire shopping centre, and has done very little to encourage me to venture back there.

Ah well, guess I should call this quits – I’m supposed to be working… And the department bitch is back in – worst luck.

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: