Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Bored on switchboard

Because one of our receptionists has called in sick (the poor kid didn’t look well yesterday) I’ve been sent out here. Don’t get me wrong – I thoroughly enjoy the peace and quiet but I do miss having access to my own e-mails. Plus, it means that I get asked to sort out things out whilst I am out here.

Now this is where the problems start. Simply because when I'm at my desk, I’ve got all the information that I need to hand, and can deal with most problems fairly fast, with minimum fuss. When I'm out here, it’s a different matter. Trying to get people to understand that it’s a dratted nuisance to sort things out here seems to be beyond some peoples’ comprehension.

Why? Because if the switchboard goes, then I have to answer that and deal with any query that arises, no matter how involved that may be, which in turn annoys the person that you were originally trying to help. It’s a no win situation for me.

At the moment though, it’s lovely and quiet – I’ve got the BBC new channel on in the background (which allows me to keep up to date with the news – I'm somewhat of a news junkie!)

Ah well, guess I should call this quits – I’ve got some w*rk to do – worst luck.

Back later…

Karen

Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: