Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Pop goes the tyre

Normally, I would find this funny. But not today. Simply, because it’s my tyre that has gone “pop”. The off-side rear seemed resound to a dull “thump” as I was travelling, and when I was able to pull over and inspect it, the damned thing was flat. Thankfully, I carry a compressor in the car, and was able to pump it up enough to be able to nurse the car back home, to get the car into the garage.

Because I was supposed to be going into Solihull with Mum, we used her car, the idea being that I get mine sorted out when we got back, and because it wasn’t me driving, I was able to get a new tyre on order. Mum was a little concerned, as she thought I didn’t know the tyre size, but it’s one of those stupid things that I seem capable of remembering, so I was able to call a local tyre dealer and get a new tyre sorted out.

Unfortunately, it’s not a size that they carry, so it will need to be ordered from Michelin and I can then get it sorted on Thursday. Ok, it’s going to cost me £130.00 to replace this tyre, but I cannot allow the car to run around on the spare wheel. Ok, it’s a full size spare, but I’m afraid that aesthetically, it sucks. It’s black painted steel, where as the normal wheels on the car are alloy.

As I type this, I’m waiting to get the RAC out to get the spare fitted. Ok – I know that I can do it, but the trouble is, I don’t know how much damage has been done with me driving on the wheel…

Time to go – the RAC patrol has just arrived.

Back when the car is sorted.


Karen


Now some things you hold on to - and some you just let go
Seems like the ones that you can't have
Are the ones that you want most

0 comments: