Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Walking to St Micheal's cave - and playing with more monkeys!

The next point for me to escape to was St Micheal's cave. The signs from the visitor centre at the top of the rock said that it was 20min away... 20 min by car, maybe, but on foot, it was more like 45 min... But that could have been due to the fact that I was stopping every so often to take photographs of things that caught my eye - like this little crocus:



This wasn't growing in someone's garden - this was growing by the side of the road, in a gap in the rock!


The entrance to St Micheal's cave was nothing special - a tourist shop selling the usual bits and pieces, and a small hut where a seemingly bored fella checked to make sure that each visitor had a valid ticket.

The cave itself wasn't spectacular (not when you compared it to places like Cheddar Gorge), but the stactites were beautiful:

One of the stalactites had fallen from the roof, and had a section cut away and polished, which showed the most beautiful markings imaginable:



On the way back, I decided to stop at the so called Apes Den - where the second troop of Barbery Apes lived.. There were loads of signs up telling people not to touch the apes, but it seemed that some of the tour guides took no notice of the signs:


But the one image that did make me smile, was this one:



It was one of the younger monkeys, and had jumped over the fence in an attempt to try and avoid getting beaten up by this monkey:



Hmm - suppose I should go and sort the moggies out.....

Back later, if I get chance.

Karen.
I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: