Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Exploring the gardens..

Friday, Mum and I decided that we were going to go to the Botanical Gardens, as the pair of us are into our exotic plants...

The entrance was by the cable car, and was fronted by a magnificent pair of iron gates:



There was a wide variety of cacti, that I had only see growing under glass .. Things like the magnificent prickly pear - complete with it's stunning flower:



The rest of the garden was filled with plants that Mum and I had seen as conservatory plants in the UK, and occasionally in the wild, on our various travels...



But the one image that sticks in my mind is the famous Dragon Tree:



The hibiscus was the thing that Mum fell in love with, and I threatened to put sticking plasters on her finger nails, in order to stop her taking cuttings!



The rest of the gardens were lovely, and there was a small garden area located by the cafe.. The plants there were all poisonous, and I was quite taken with the idea of putting the cafe by them!




Time to call this entry quits - I'm being summoned for something!

Back tomorrow...

Karen.
I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: