Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Back to the grindstone - and things have changed..

I don't know what has happened in the department whilst I've been off, but things appear to have changed - for the worst.

My other half was joking with me on the 'phone, and said that he was going to make up for my non-appearance at work, because I was on holiday and that he said that he had quite a bit of work for me - I said that he'd been saving it up for me! He just laughed, but I noticed that he didn't deny saving the work for me!

I jokingly said that I was going sick today, and my line manager just looked at me, and said

"Don't you dare, Karen."


Normally he would have just laughed it off, and that would have been the end of it, but the look he gave me as I walked out last night made me wonder what the hell was going on. So, me being me, asked my partner what had been going on...

It turns out that my department had been really short staffed, as people had been off sick (or too pissed to come into work) and as a result, the powers that be in the department have really cracked down.

Needless to say, I was less than impressed as I felt that I was getting tarred with the same brush as those who got rat arsed, and refused to come into work.

But, thankfully, it looks like I will be escaping, as the OTR department are looking for what the guys are jokingly (or at least I hope they're joking) referring to as a cart-tart - i.e. someone to make them their coffee / teas when they're in the office, as well as doing the paperwork, and making sure that the back orders are clarified with them and the customer, before they get sent to the customer.

That's something that I don't object to, as it means that I get more involved with the bigger stuff (things that Carole jokingly refers to as Tonka toys), and hopefull, it will open a new path for me...

Suppose I should think about doing some w*rk, but I'm suffering TNFI.......

Back later, if I get the chance.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: