Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Trying to get training for a friend

That's one thing that really bugs me. As I'm the main contact for the OTR side of things in the office, I'm the one that the guys in the field speak to, so that they can get the orders and other stuff sorted out.

Ok - that's not an issue - what really bugs me is the fact that the poor sod who's supposed to be my back-up has had absolutely minimal training, and when I'm out of the office (either on holiday or off sick), the back up is next to non-existent.

So, the pair of us have started to gang up on our line manager, and make him aware of the situation. That's not a problem, as he's quite happy to help out, and has agreed that something needs to be done.

The problem (as far as I'm concerned) is the fact that one of the other members of the department can't see why the guys in the field talk to me instead of the other contact.

Without blowing my own trumpet, I get the impression that the reason that they talk to me, is because they know that things will get sorted out, and that I'll keep them in the loop on what's happening with the order / query that they've thrown my way.

But, as things seem to be happening, I've said that I'll hold fire on doing anything like speaking to my partner, as he knows damned well that I was getting worried about what was going to happen whilst I was away...

Suppose I should log off and bog off - I'm supposed to be working...

Back later if I get chance.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: