Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Still fighting..

Well, Coventry airport's owners are appealing even before the final decision has been made about their cattle shed of a terminal.

I can understand why the locals are getting so upset - Coventry airport used to be just a small airfield, with a few light aircraft and the DC10 from Air Atlantique taking off from there. Now, they're subjected to the noise and smell of a B737 taking off.

The best is yet to come, as the planes from Coventry have a maximum height on takeoff of 1500ft, due to the fact that they are in the same controlled airspace as Birmingham airport!

But, if the reports are true, then the shareholders of the company that owns the airport may force them to sell - much to the delight of the locals, with whom I have great sympathy...

Suppose I should think about doing some more w*rk, but the interest level is practically zero at the moment!

Back later, if I get chance.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: