Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Anyone for flame grilled tiger?

Another day, another foul up with an OTR tyre. This time, it was a crane tyre, and it wasn't something that I knew anything about until one of my colleagues in the OTR department asked who'd told a customer that the tyres were available...

I was able to sort it out, but my colleague was a real angel, and called the customer for me, and explained the situation. The customer (quite understandably) wasn't very happy, but at least it wasn't me getting the ear-ache from the customer for once!

So, to hopefully (emphasis on the hopefully) prevent anymore foul ups on the ordering side of things, I sent the following e-mail...

Hi guys,

If you get a call for a mobile crane tyre of any description, then please speak to either myself or xxx, or if either of us are not available, could you please transfer the call to either xxxx xxxxxx (speed dial xxx) or xxxx xxxxxx (speed dial xxx).

If in doubt, PLEASE speak to either myself or xxx.

So, all I have to do now, is prevent any more hiccups with the OTR side of things!

Suppose I should log off and bog off - my mobile's ringing!

Back tomorrow.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: