Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Trying to avoid a toasting...

Ever had one of those days when you wish you'd turned over in bed and gone back to sleep? Well, I'm having one today.

It got off to a bad start when I managed to leave my security pass in the tack room this morning, and forgot to grab the damned thing. Then when I'd gotten into the office, it really hit the blades. And muggins here was directly in the firing line.

A customer had tried to order a particular tyre, and unknown to myself or my colleague in the department, these tyres had already been sold to another customer. So, as the system was showing that these tyres were in stock, the order was on the system, just awaiting confirmation from the customer of the required purchase number..

Only for me to then find that some of the tyres have been taken by someone in logistics for this other customer! I then had the delightful (?) job of telling the customer that I'd been dealing with that the full quantity that he'd requested wasn't available.

Brown smelly stuff and rotating blades anybody? The fun and games then started when my partner came down to see me, and asked what the hell had gone on with this order.

Needless to say, I was less than impressed, and politely pointed out that the order was nothing to do with me, and the first I'd known about it, was when my colleague had asked if I'd place the same size tyre on order!

The reaction was less than friendly, until I pointed out that I'd spoken to very few people in the OTR department, and had spent even less time on the 'phone than normal, as I was trying to sort out my least favorite account, which had a large order that needed placing onto the system, and then sorting out the stock to make sure that there was enough stock to complete the order.

I wasn't very friendly, and made it plain that I just wanted to be left alone tonight, as I was seriously irritated by the fact that he immediately blamed me for the foul up with the damned tyres. But, at least I got an apology from him, so that made me feel slightly better...

So, as I type this, I'm sitting in the study listening to Planet Rock on my DAB digital radio, and am only now starting to cool off.

Suppose I should log off and bog off - I want to grab a bite to eat before I crawl into my pit tonight.

Back tomorrow if I get the chance.

Karen.
I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: