Walking in the Shadows

Random musings from Warwickshire on life in general... Things that make me laugh, make me cry, things that wind me up beyond all endurance - and everything in between.

Getting caught on the hop...

There's nothing like a bit of banter to make me feel brighter... I was away from my desk, and I heard my 'phone bleep, and me being half asleep didn't check the number...

"You didn't recognize my number that time, did you Karen?" came the mocking tone on my 'phone. It was my other half.

"If I'd known it was you, I wouldn't have answered my 'phone."

That made him laugh, and he started having a gentle dig at me because I apparently sounded half asleep! I refrained from saying that I'd been up at 04:30 this morning to go horse-riding!

But, that was my decision, and I don't regret it for a moment, as it was a lovely ride this morning... The birds were starting to sing, and Flame was being an absolute angel - almost as if she realized that I was feeling fragile because my shoulder was (and still is) giving me hell.

Ok - I know that going horse-riding probably wasn't the best thing that I could have done, but I'm not going to give up my horse just yet... Ok - if I have to have the shoulder operated on (and I get a horrible feeling I will do) I'll stop riding, but until it gets to that stage then I'll be in the saddle as much as I possibly can.

Ah well, suppose I should think about doing some w*rk, but I'm not really in the mood....

Back later if I get chance.

Karen.

I walk where others fear to tread

0 comments: